Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Sticky-Note Obsession

A couple of weeks ago, my mother forced me to clean my room. (See here.) I was not pleased. She was.

While I groaned and moaned, my mom organized my desk drawers. She thus discovered that the amount of Sticky Notes that I possess was larger than half the drawer. It included "E" sticky notes, heart sticky notes, sticky notes from my grandfather's health conferences, accordion sticky notes, mini sticky notes, sticky notes for school, sticky notes for home, apple sticky notes, sticky notes for lists, sticky notes for trips, sticky notes from hotels. . . the list goes on.

As my mom wedged stack after stack of sticky notes in my drawer, she began warning me about my obsession. I then reminded her about her own collection of index cards. She was suddenly satisfied with her work and ABANDONED ME in the ROOM OF GLOOM.

But yeah, I cleaned the rest of my room, and I now can sleep in peace, knowing that all ten million of my sticky notes are safe in their drawer.

I really hope my little sister collects desk dividers. . . .

5 comments:

  1. Wow. You sound like my mom, i helped he organize her desk a while ago, and she had like a file cabinet full of "Good Job!" stickers she NEVER uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolz. And why doesn't she use them. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) You did not "clean the rest of your room." Poetic license indeed! But yes, my dear, you have a serious sticky-note obsession.

    2) I am sad that Evy has yet to earn one of her mother's "Good Job!" stickers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME :D i wish i had an awesome obsession like that.... but i dont :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARTISTIC LICENSE.

    That may be a good thing, Kaelen.

    ReplyDelete