Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Interview with Peter: Sauropods & Food

Ah, the whimsical life of we who boink our noses into our bed headboards on the one day our cat doesn't wake us up. . . . I'm not sure why I made an entire post about breakfast yesterday. A short one, too. Hm.

Here's the interview.

Me: PETER. Come over here so I can interview you.
Peter: Interview me?
Me: Yeah.
Peter: ANNNH!!! I was going to say the word but then I forgot it because of YOU!!!! Hmph.
Me: *waits a while* Peter?
Peter: What? What does what and you're saying mean. 'Cause if you don't tell me anything, then I'm not going to talk to you.
Me: Okay, Peter, would you please come over here? Or do you want me to ask you from here?
Peter: I not talking. And you didn't tell me what that means.
Emma: COME ON.
Peter: What's an interview?
Me: It's where you ask questions and someone else answers.
Peter: Okay. I'll start.
Me: No! I ask the questions!
Peter: I won't interview otherwise.
Me: Fine.
Peter: What was the biggest dinosaur?
Me: Um, a sauropod.
Peter: What type of sauropod?
Me: I thought sauropod WAS a type.
Peter: Remember this, Emma. There are two different types of sauropods. Wait, make that three. There's a long one, a procerapod--
Me: My computer doesn't think that's a word.
Peter: There's a titanosaur, and a big one. You might be spelling them wrong.
Me: Fine. My turn. So--
Peter: You have to guess!!!
Me: I have to guess?
Peter: Yes! It's not the titanosaur, a procerapod, or a long one.
Me: Oh. So it's the big one?
Peter: Yeah.
Me: Can I ask the questions now?
Peter: I already did!
Me: But I--
Peter: Why is there a big "L" and a small "A?" *laughs*
Me: Where?
Peter: Already. *points*
Me: That's a little "L."
Peter: I mean small "A."
Me: But I already capitalized the "I."
Peter: I want you to answer the question: what was the biggest dinosaur?
Me: A big one.
Peter: NO!! No. No, no no.
Me: Um. . . the one that swims and is as big as our house?
Peter: Brachisaurus? No way.
Me: My computer doesn't think that's a word, either.
Peter: Emma, you spelled it wrong. Do you want me to get my book?
Me: Fine. Get the book.
Peter: Do you think it's this one?
Me: That's Brontosaurus. It's not real.
Peter: Yes it is! It's Apatosaurus!
Me: Whatevs.
Peter: This is how you spell sauropod. See?
Me: Yeah.
Peter: Pooey.
Me: I already spelled sauropod correctly.
Peter: On every single one?
Me: Yes.
Peter: Answer my question!
Me: Fine. I give up.
Peter: Lee-o-lee-o-lee. It's U-tral-SAURUS. (Note: pronunciation guide only, as I'm too lazy to find the real name.
Me: It's Utahraptor? I don't think I spelled that right.
Peter: NO!! RAPTORS ARE TOO SMALL. I can't find my other book, Emma.
Me: *sigh*
Peter: It's Utralsaurus. Just put them together.
Me: No. Let's move on. Can I ask a question now?
Peter: Okay. *sigh*
Me: So, Peter. What is your favorite food?
Peter: Don't do so before my name!
Me: But that's what I said.
Peter: *laughs at accidental keyboard shortcut that italicizes stuff by surrounding them in code*
Me: What is your favorite food?
Peter: I like Pete. And I won't tell you for a long time.
Me: This is an interview. You're supposed to answer questions.
Peter: You did for long time!
Me: Well, yeah, now it's your turn.
Peter: Okay! It's tangerine. Wait, it's not tangerine. It's. . . um. . . what's that thing called that you didn't want, Emma?
Me: It's an apricot, and it has no flavor.
Peter: I love apricots. My turn.
Me: No, let's continue this another time.
Peter: No.
Me: Yes.
Peter: N-O N-O N-O!!!
Me: Yes.
Peter: Hmph!
Me: But we'll continue it later!
Peter: No!
Me: Hmph.

11 comments:

  1. wow!! is he your brother? that would drive me NUTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally true? And you're sooo much better than me at the dino name stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he is my brother. And it is true. Ask Peter.

    Lolz. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tres tres hilar! Neal wants to know if you have plans to interview Laura next. He also is telling me at this moment from the couch that your interviewing Perry and Daisy and Scout would be good, too. Here, see how the rest of our convo went.

    Neal: Do you want to interview each other in the comments section some time?
    Me: Yes! Great idea!
    Neal: But not right now.
    Me: Oh, right right right. That's fine. I'll just write the interview myself.
    Neal: [laughs]
    Me: [typing this part of the comments]

    Your welcs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolz. How lovely, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your brother sounds a lot like mine emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, Meghna, ur brother is the most horrible creature I have ever met and Emma's is one of the sweetest little boys ever!!!! so Peter is nothing like Sedu. Just saying. Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Very nice, Madeleine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it was Ultrasaurus. Don't quote me.

    ReplyDelete