Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thunder, Lightning, and Purring

Last night, as y'all probably well know, there was a huge-o thunderstorm-o. This fact was revealed to me at exactly 12:37 am by a blue flash of lightning and then a crack of thunder--I call it a "crack" because it sounded just like those rice cake things your mom gives you when you're a toddler to occupy you in the grocery store, as opposed to stealing samples. Just a really, really big rice cake, say as large as the atmosphere around the Earth.

This giant rice cake crackled into little pieces, accompanied by flashes of lightning that were hotter than the sun (really truly, they are. I force you to learn.) and possibly brighter as well.

So I kinda hid under the covers until Perry came over, crawled into the nook of my legs, and went to sleep. Having a purring kitty relaxes you. I strongly recommend it.

So peopled out. . . I might need some excuses.

4 comments:

  1. see, it's kinda ridiculous, but it's lotsa fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOOOOOOOVE thunder storms, kitties, night time, and breaking rice cakes in half. sounds like a perfect night to me!! :P im sad to say that i slept through that particular storm tho.

    ReplyDelete