Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bribes

As an older sister with a brother five years younger than me and a sister two years older than him (do the math, y'all, you know how old I am, 72, of course) I have found bribes to be essential in everyday life, especially since one is very, very, popular and the other has her ears pierced. My only claims to in-charge-ness/big sister rights are a) I'm taller than them and b) I'm older than them. Here are three few such scenarios:

Me: *plays on computer*
Peter: *whines* EMMA!! GET OFF!
Me: Make your cute face!
Peter: *makes cute face*
Me: Aww, he's so adorable!!!
Peter: *continues making cute face*
Me: You are the cutest wittle Petew in da whole wide world! How about I find a game for yooou and I'll play it for you in case it's hard!
Peter: *smiles and makes cute face*
Me: *celebrates internally*
(Note: Unfortunately, the game Peter chose is this: http://www.youdagames.com/Zoo-Escape-game-info-4497 Click "Play Online" and turn on the sound.

Me: *steals chocolate-chip cookie from top shelf of pantry*
Laura: *catches me* EMMA, what are you doing?
Me: *thinks fast, puts finger to lips, hands her a cookie*
Laura: *munches away happily*

Me: PETER!!!
Peter: No.
Me: I'll give you a gummy worm!
Peter: An orange one?
Me: Sure. . . .
Peter: Yippee!!!


Et cetera. Do with this what you will.

7 comments:

  1. Me: Anna can you___________ (insert simple favor there such as pass the salt)
    Anna: No.
    Me: I'll log you into your email.
    Anna: fine.

    Now you see, this works because I'm the only one who can remeber her email account and password event though it is saved on the computer so all you have to do is type the first letter so it is fairly easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Evy,you are so skilled. :-o

    Lolz. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats not bribery. thats blackmail. i can think of a song for that...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9_S8nrdERY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, it's bribery.

    If you say it's bribery I'll give you a cream puff!
    I'll eat all your cookies unless you say it's blackmail.

    See the difference?

    But seriously, I will eat your cookies, blackmail or no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have any of you listened to the music?

    ReplyDelete