Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Berries, Cobblers, and Pies

As part of my goal to accomplish something every day before school starts, I requested a berry-picking expedition Monday. My wish was granted.

Being fair-skinned, we applied our sunscreen religiously. Of course, I did not know that this was a new kind of sunscreen, and it was spray-on 100+ SPF. IT WAS LIKE SHELLAC. I could not move my arms. I had an exoskeleton. And it was greasy. It pooled in the dents between my knuckles. Worst of all, it gave us a temporary yet still horrifying spray-tan. Fortunately, I was still able move my arms enough to pick a couple of pounds of blueberries.

Then we made a blueberry pie and a peach-blueberry cobbler. I'd elaborate, but eating pie makes me tired.

10 comments:

  1. Yuck. That does not sound like it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't.

    My post had a weird abrupt flow. I'm still tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're like a pie yourself, covered in a shell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i have a few things to say. first of all, blueberries! yay! second, spray tan. ew. third, blueberries, yay!! and fourth and last but SO not least, PIE!!!!!!! i like pie, hbu? there are some STRANGE people who dont like pie. weeeeird. to me anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. evy- what sort of pie? i <3 pie! oh, anybody know clafouti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete