Friday, August 20, 2010

Short and sweet; like my brownies and how long they last(ed)

Hair status: Renaissance Faire-y. Get it?

My little brother still pertains to his opinion that I need a favorite dinosaur. Update soon.

We have a new reading corner and I am relaxing whilst reading in my bean-bag-chair.

I allegedly need new jeans.

I just bought the last of my summer bread. Sigh.

Perry likes to sleep on the stairs. This concerns me.

And, at last, I have a recipe I wanted to share with you.

Makes one 14-ounce smoothie

1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
1/2 cup chilled green tea, unsweetened
3/4 cup plain low-fat organic yogurt
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
Turbinado sugar or other natural sweetener to taste

Combine all ingredients in an electric blender and blend on medium speed until smooth, about 20 seconds. Garnish with fresh berries and serve. Note: For a nondairy alternative, you can substitute cultured soy for the yogurt.

Thank you, Martha Stewart!

And with that, I conclude.

8 comments:

  1. :P omg your life sounds AWESOME!!! mine isnt too bad either :P

    EVERYONE needs a fav. dinosaur. mine is a velociraptor.lemme know when you pick yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the brownies help. ;)

    Lolz, Kaelen. I feel pitiful now. Pete's on it, though, I'll have six katrillion choices or so by breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone else has a favorite dinosaur. Mine's brontosaurus (now called apatosaurus). Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter has done horrible things to our brains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my fave dinosaur is the Pterodactyl.

    ReplyDelete