Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Athletic Apparel (rhymes with "Christmas carol")

As you all know, I have believed myself to be unathletic. However, I am actually quite good once I get over my fear of the ball, as it turns out. My only REAL problem is that I am not competitive. Not such a big loss, actually, until I realize I'm supposed to CARE if I get knocked out because someone threw a ball in my face. My usual attitude is muted unenthusiasm.

{Okay, I must stray from the topic at hand. Since my computer believes that "unenthusiasm" isn't a word, which it probably isn't. Neither is "unathletic," evidently. So I Googled it and clicked "etymology," which is how the word came to be. (Sparrow grass to asparagus, remember?) And the page didn't explain unenthusiasm, just enthusiasm. Then I noticed a little fact at the top (are these websites trying to suck up to me?) that said: "Do you know what 404 means when your computer says "Error 404: Server not found"? Click here to find out!" or something along that line. It might be "404 not found." Anyway, I clicked "here" and discovered that 404 is slang for. . . wait for it. . . wait for it. . . a stupid or ineffectual person! The question is, who is the 404? The computer? Me/you? The person who set up the server? So many questions.}

However, I now own two pairs of PE shorts, fancy running shoes (which I'm supposed to have anyway; I have weak ankles and no arches), athletic socks, AND I know how to put my hair in a ponytail! Kinda sorta. . . . So I can at least LOOK like I love sports. It's weird, but t-shirts make you want to exercise. Maybe that's just me. And I might be hallucinating, like this morning when I thought I smelled brownies cooking. Sigh.

(I put up a poll! Please vote. . . you can check up to two boxes.)

5 comments:

  1. That's interesting; you have low arches and i have super high arches. Isn't that... i don't know what that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no its me too.... i wear soffes and a tshirt and i just wanna go run around the neighborhood, you know? its weird and unhealthy but whatevs. excercise is BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High arches is good, right? Lucky you.

    Lolz, Kaelen. It tortures me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. high arches hurt if you don't wear supports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, of course. I can see that. You'd be holding your foot up, right?

    ReplyDelete