Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quelle surprise! C'est mode!

IT'S THE ONE-MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THIS BLOG!!!

If no one comments I'm going to start writing my blog posts in French. Seriously. I don't mind.

I also REALLY want your feedback on the new history order.

So, comment, commenter, en anglais ou en francais!

Told ya I didn't mind. I guess, though, perhaps you all aren't commenting people, although my past posts beg to differ. I must assume, then, that ALL of you have decided to go on vacation without a computer. I am happy as long as you are following, but I know that you are reading it when I see your comments, yes? And don't forget, INVITE AND FOLLOW!

Like divide and conquer, kinda, the same tone, but whatevs.

What I had intended to write about today was fashion, so the French fits in nicely. The thing is, I don't understand it. I'd love to say I do, but I don't. Somewhere in the world, some fancy-smancy "genius" designer (who is probably actually a maniac with an inheritance to whom, as a toddler, some stranger said "My, what a clever imagination. You could be a fashion designer," and then laughed, ruffled his hair, and departed from the front of a very "in" store.) is parading innocent people around in hideous shoes, Lady GaGa hairstyles, and outfits that may very well be old blankets like the one he was sucking on in front of that store that fateful day (see above) and then some fashion critic (who probably only became one because his sister said to him, after he criticized her outfit, "Well perhaps you should be a fashion critic, then, and make money while being mean." and walked away in a huff.) says to the people sitting around him, "This is fashion."

Now we go to Suburbia, where people wear tight shirts, jeans, and the skirts with the band and labeled clothes. It does not resemble Mr. Inheritance's line one bit. So what is he doing? I don't know. Do people buy his clothes? I should hope not. Where does he get his income? We probably don't want to know,

And why are tight shirts "in?" The person buys it from the store because they like it/it is "fashionable, the store buys it from the designers for the same reason. . . and why do the designers make it? Does that mean that, if I was a designer, I could make a whole line of sheep-printed skirts? And if the aforementioned critic liked them, everyone would wear them?

I need to go eat breakfast.

5 comments:

  1. never fear. we do read your posts. and anything that is flattering is stylish, but not everything that is stylish is flattering. skirts that emphasise the hips have always been fashionable, but now its bubble over bustle and i dont mind. ruffles arranged atrfully can be form- flattering, but tight-fitting just plain doesnt work on some people. i walked past somebody on the street in a top that pulled her weight around in such a way that she looked like an albino catterpillar. the idea was stylish, but it was not flattering so it was not fashionabe, necessarily. if you get my meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good. :) Yes, I agree. Poor albino caterpillar. I think that the style now is "individuality," but in a confusing way--as in everyone can wear jeans, but this pair of jeans looks better with this person. Tight-fitting with ruffles is an interesting combination. . . pretty on some, not-so-much on others.

    And wedding dresses these days are awful! When I'm reading the paper, I find I much prefer the "anniversary" wedding dresses from the 1950s and earlier. I do not like the slim sleeveless v-neck or the poofy poof poof. They alarm me.

    According to my mother, my dad's mother wore a light blue fancy dress as a wedding dress, which is out of the ordinary but still pretty, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People like the tight shirts because they show off their figure and other stuff like that. catch my drift? cuz i really don't want to elaborate. Oh, and i have taken a vacation from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read ur posts!! all of them!!! and i ALWAYS comment! sometimes a little late cuz i dont spend that much time on the computer anymore, but i always comment. you have an interesting life and a FASCINATING mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. C'est tres bien that y'all are cutting down on the computer time. I go on the computer thirty minutes in the morning (or longer, if I have a long blog post) and thirty or so in the evening.

    Yeah, tight shirts are better than baggy.

    Aw, thanks, Kaelen. :')

    ReplyDelete