Monday, September 13, 2010

Apologies and Volleyball

Whilst attempting to play a sport with my peers (why is there no solitaire of the sport world?) I found myself in the lovely situation of apologizing over and over again. As reflex. Confound you, etiquette. I don't mean to be annoying.

I've left my athletic shoes on in order to inspire me to exercise. Good luck, shoes. Ah well.

The other fifty percent of my time is spent running after the volleyball. Why does it have to be round?

I fail to see how it differs whether I fail while participating or when I fail without participating.

4 comments:

  1. you kinda remind me of my best friend. she always apologizes for EVERYTHING. she apologized for losing a point in tennis a couple times. it was so weird.... anyhoo yeah so ive been trying to break her of that habit. and in answer to your other question, sure theres a solitaire of the sports world!!! theres that thing with the paddle with the ball attached, and theres hitting a tennis ball against a brick wall and theres gymnastics and theres ballet (sortof) and theres martial arts..... lots of stuff. good luck with that!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your friend luck.

    You do have a point. I'm off to practice my paddle-ball. ;)

    ReplyDelete