Thursday, August 4, 2011

I had oatmeal for breakfast.

I DID have oatmeal for breakfast. Because it is the best breakfast you can have, according to three magazines and the internet. When I have oatmeal, I get lots of nutrition and fiber while getting very little fat. When I add fruit, which provides Vitamin C, I receive short-term energy.

So I can walk away from my breakfast feeling light and happy.

Except that it's rather depressing to eat oatmeal. I have to force myself to eat it, through a combination of willpower, lots of peaches, and sheer force. Because as nutritious as it is, oatmeal is not a big happiness-inducer. I like mocha-chips muffins much better and they are probably not as nutritious.

I am going to issue a challenge for myself (and y'all too, if you feel so inclined).

I am going to see how many --GAH! I cannot finish my sentence because my father is reading a newspaper article aloud to my brother about animals escaping from the Central Park Zoo.

*closes eyes, makes that hand motion people do when they're meditating (ya know, when they put the tips of their fingers together), breathes* Okay. I want to see how many different way I can make oatmeal so that it's still healthy AND exciting.

I'm going to go look for some cheese.

2 comments:

  1. what magazines, and what part of the internet? oatmeal makes my throat feel weird and all creepy and gloopy like when you drink milk at 2 in the morning. yeah, sure you can vitamin c but no protein to help you start your day right!! ok this is dumb. i LOVE peaches <3 we went to south Carolina and bought this giant basket of like 400 peaches and ate them all in like 4 days. it was great. oatmeal with cheese sounds... odd at best. how was it? and i don't think i could eat more than one bowl of oatmeal without feeling... full, to put it nicely.

    ReplyDelete