Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yay Realization.......

I love spring because everything is my favorite color. My favorite color is the color of overcooked mashed green peas.

It's beautiful.

So I am in the car, talking excitedly to my mother about how the world is my favorite color and I how lovely it is that some of the leaves are out and aren't they a beautiful color? To which my mother looks at me and says "Emma. That is the color of pollen."

Yay. I like the color of pollen.

So, while book reviewers can say in their usual exuberant way "While the world's previous colors have been separate gems of their own, 'dark blue' is a color sure to entrance even the youngest of book reviewers." and artist can say "I love all beige. I use it in all my paintings. My masterpiece is going to be a beige canvas" and writers can say. "I like black.", I can say "I like the color that not only makes people's eyes water but makes them sneeze uncontrollably and curse the world from inside their curtained windows."

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes. What was it you just said? That only I would like a color that made other people miserable?

    ReplyDelete