Monday, February 28, 2011

ILY, ICU. . . .

*cough cough* Okay, so MAYBE getting pneumonia and flu type B was an over-exaggerated way to get out of school, homework, blogging, PE, life, etc., but I have to tell you. . . I love the intensive care ward.

INTENSIVE CARE:
-Nobody ignores me
-Everybody is nice
-People do things to make me get better
-People do not ignore me
-Big window
-Electric bed (whee!)
-People CARE
-I eat food for the first time
-I get to wear my own shirt again
-I get a second IV
-I get poked with a needle which is raked around in my hand nine times
-I get both IVs taken out
-I get a nose tube in
-I get my nose tube out
-I have to be on constant drug so I am constantly hyper, anxious, obsessive, nauseous, high heartrate, etc.
NON-INTENSIVE CARE, AKA REGULAR HOSPITAL, WHICH THEY CALL THE FLOOR:
-They say you hit the floor. I wish we'd punched it.
-Nobody cares about me
-I do have a shower.
-I have my own bathroom
-Everybody ignores me
-They keep telling me I have asthma. "You MIGHT have had the flu." Heck ya I had the flu, I took the disgusting medicine, didn't I?
-Impersonal nurses.
-Gross medicine
-Call me beautiful, leave me alone, wake me up every four hours to drug me again. Blek.
NUMBERS:
-1: The amount of times I wanted to take gross medicine.
-2: The amount of nights I had with the ever-awesome Tina, who helped me get well. Also the amount of nights I was sedated into lucid dreams in which I decorated socks in my bedroom with Justin Bieber and my French and Social Studies classes as well as played tag with everyone my brain could come up with in a certain huge neighborhood near my school. The recurring theme, though, was me forgetting and/or not doing my homework, which preceded my doom. Grr. Make-up work. And sometimes I just went to school.
-3: Number of meals a day I had. Now I have to drink just orange juice, because everything else tastes like hospital.
-4: The number of pounds I lost. Grr. THANKS A LOT HOSPITAL, NOW MY CLOTHES ARE BAGGY.
-5: Times 10, approximately the speed of the air forced up my nose. I think, don't go around spreading that. It was fast and I heard the number 50.
-6: The number of shows I watched on TLC (Toddlers & Tiaras, Cake Boss, Kitchen Boss, Say Yes to the Dress, DC Cupcakes, and Moving Up) for, like, I dunno, 29 hours?
-7: The amount of days I spent in the hospital. I miss you all SO much.

3 comments:

  1. I miss you emma! cooommmmeeee baaaaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I'm hoping next week.

    Madeleine, I did, (and I LOVELOVELOVE it) but I'm about to write you a thank-you-note so I can't put ALL of my gratitude on here.

    ReplyDelete